Sunday 26 January 2014

Baby lips, is it worth the hype?

Baby lips, what is all the hype about? This Is a question I find myself thinking about. You've heard
of them before and if you haven't, well then I hope your rock is comfy, pictures of these balms paint our instagram feed, People rave about how moisturising these lip balms are and worship the colour and smell of them, but personally I do not see what this instagram obsession is about.
I am the unfortunate owner of two of these balms one in intense care and one in cherry me which is a sheer raspberry colour.
If I'm being honest, the colour and smell raves are true, these balms smell absolutely devine and look it too but it is the texture, longativity and the fact that it makes my lips drier than they were before that bothers be. These balms go on uncomfortably thick and are uncomfortable on my lips, they only moisturise for a few minutes- ten tops before the drying effects kick in. I have seen on twitter before that most lip balms contain something which makes your lips chapped so that you use more balm and I have to say, maybelline squirted a whole bottle of that stuff into these.

After about a week of wearing baby lips everyday my lips are in horrible condition, chapped, cut and uncomfortable was not what I paid for. I honestly would not recommend these to my biggest enemy, there that bad and please, take my advise and don't be a sheep like I was, go get yourself some carmex instead, now that stuff's good.

Until next time my lovelies
Follow me on twitter @daisyblueblogs
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! How strange I love them! Although that mainly is because they smell so good :)

    Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm somewhat afraid to try these as I have had allergic reactions in the past from chapsticks and lipbalms in general. They always look so intreguing with their cute packaging though :<. I have also nominated you for the Liebster award, you can see it here

    -Shelby
    http://bittersweetshelby.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D The packaging is adorable :p your not missing out on not being able to use them though.

      Delete